Vietnamese is a language talked by about 82 million individuals primarily in Vietnam. Additionally, there are Vietnamese speakers in america, China, Cambodia, France, Australian Continent, Laos, Canada and a number of other countries.
Vietnamese ended up being initially written with a Siniform (Chinese-like) script called Chữ-nôm was used in synchronous with . Today only Quốc Ngữ is used.
Vietnamese alphabet and pronunciation
- The letters “F”, “J”, “W” and “Z” are not an element of the Vietnamese alphabet, but are utilized in foreign loan terms. “W” (vê-đúp)” is sometimes used in host to “Ư” in abbreviations. In informal writing, “W”, “F”, and “J” are often utilized as shorthands for “QU”, “PH” and “GI” respectively.
- The digraph “GH” additionally the trigraph “NGH” are essentially replacements for “G” and “NG” being made use of before “I”, in order to avoid confusion utilizing the “GI” digraph. For historic reasons, they are also made use of before “E” or “Ê”.
- G = [ʒ] before we, ê, and age, [ɣ] somewhere else
- D and GI = [z] inside north dialects (including Hanoi), and [j] when you look at the main, south and Saigon dialects.
- V is pronounced [v] inside north dialects, and [j] when you look at the south dialects.
- R = [ʐ, ɹ] in southern dialects